Friday, October 19, 2012

Lolita Blog Carnival : Favorite Makeup Tips

Hello Lovelies~

 This week for Lolita Blog Carnival we bloggers are all talking about our favorite Makeup tips. I've done one or two of these over the years, but it never hurts to give more tips, so here we go!





 Are you an emotional crier like I am? Then this tip is for you!

Water proof Mascara and Eyeliner


It seems silly for this to be one of my tips, but I'll tell you, I don't cry often if ever, but when I do I tend to be surprised that I turn into Tammy Faye Baker!! Black/Blue/Purple/Brown/Gold Glitter....whatever I happen to be wearing that day will streak down my cheeks and then it really gets crazy....

 If you cry when emotions get to much, then make sure you check the packaging of the eye makeup you happen to be rocking to avoid a major melt down.


Another self explanatory tip, but one I recently had to deal with and am STILL dealing with...

 Never put any lotion/moisturiser that is not specifically made for your face.

I had a massage a week ago and in the middle of it, the massage therapist started giving me a facial massage! It shocked me that she would do that without my permission, but I let it go and just said I would wash my face when I got home.

 Lovelies....by the time I got home I was looking like a red spottie miss dottie. It was upsetting! Is upsetting, but it taught me a lesson.

Unless it's made for my face, it won't go on my face!


 Last, but not least, maybe the oddest tip, but one that I swear by! .....


  Web Cams are your friend    You know how we tend to put of make up on in the mirror and we look absolutely fantastic, but when we see ourselves in pictures we look bit...well...off.

One of the things I've started doing to make sure I look photo-fabulous is I now put my makeup on in my web cam. No one is watching of course, it's off, but I move my laptop in front of my mirror and turn the cam on.

The mirror lets me see what the world sees and the web cam lets me see what my make up will look like when translated in a digital way.

 It can seem a bit to much, but I find a mirror will show you what you want to see, it's almost magical that way, but a high def camera will show every flaw. Sometimes flaws are good. They keep us from floating away into an unrealistic world where everything revolves around us and ice cream is always free, but most times, they are avoidable and completely fix able.


Please read the other make up tips from the other lovely bloggers!

Sweetlolitadoll

2tspofsugar

Commercially Alternative

Good Morning Lovely

Lolita Poupee

Parfaitdoll

Sidhe Banshee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...